1 Who Are We
When used in this document, depending on the context, "we," "our" and "us" refers to AFL and/or State Leagues and the AFL Clubs.
Protecting personal information is fundamental to the Australian Football Bodies’ relationship with our supporter, members, players and business partners. All personal information received in connection with the Australian Football Bodies’ products or services, or in the conduct of the Australian Football Bodiess’ business, is therefore treated seriously, having regard to the Australian Football Bodies’ legal obligations.
Personal information is information that identifies you or could identify you. The AFL and AFL Clubs are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles.
3 Information Collected
Generally, the Australian Football Bodies collect personal information directly from your use of the AFL’s community football administration platform provider and any registration you make to participate with or receive information from, the Australian Football Bodies and any business relationship between you and us including via email. The personal information which the Australian Football Bodies collect and hold includes:
In addition, you may also provide to us and we may collect and hold additional personal information, such as:
We also may collect additional non-personally identifiable information (for example, browser version, IP address) that will provide information regarding the general use of AFL Online.
If you do not give personal information to us, it may affect our ability to provide you with products and/or services.
We may also collect information about you which is considered sensitive under applicable privacy and data protection laws. Generally, we will ask for your consent to handle your health or other sensitive information or, in certain circumstances, you will consent to our collection by providing your health or other sensitive information to us.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you however we will always provide you with an opportunity to opt–out of receiving communications about that matter within each of those communications.
It may take some time to put an opt-out or an unsubscribe in effect so you may still receive communications from us for several weeks after your request is received.
For the avoidance of doubt, by opting–out or unsubscribing yourself from a mailing list of an AFL or AFL Club product or service this will ensure your removal from that particular mailing list but will not guarantee your removal from other mailing lists that the AFL or an AFL Club may store your details in as a result of your engagement with a different service or product.
In the event that you opt-out from receiving communications from the Australian Football Bodies you will still be contacted in relation to the administration of your player registration (for example team lists, change of venue etc).
5 Information from Third Parties
During the course of business, the Australian Football Bodies may also collect personal information that is given to them by a third party (for example, a corporate partner of an Australian Football Body or information that is on a publicly maintained record). This information forms part of the personal information described in this policy. The Australian Football Bodies will not intentionally solicit personal information that is unintentionally disclosed.
6 Storage of Personal Information
This may happen if our service providers are located overseas, or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. Where such parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties' compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Australian Privacy Act in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
7 Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
The Australian Football Bodies collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
The Australian Football Bodies may also disclose personal information where it is otherwise permitted to do so by law.
Where you provide your personal information directly to one Australian Football Body, although it may be disclosed to the AFL, that personal information will not ordinarily be shared with a different Australian Football Body. However, there may be some circumstances where this personal information is shared between Australian Football Bodies.
You consent to the Australian Football Bodies using your personal Information for sending you information, including promotional material, about the Australian Football Bodies, or Australian Football Bodies' products and services, as well as the products and services of third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us sending you such information by means of direct mail, email, SMS and MMS messages. You can contact us using the contact details specified in paragraph 11 if you do not want to receive marketing information from us.
The Australian Football Bodies do not otherwise disclose personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
8 Accessing AFL Online
“AFL Online” refers to the AFL website with its top-level domain located at http://www.afl.com.au/, all related sub-domains for State Leagues and any other AFL website (including any AFL Club website) which provides an AFL and AFL Club product, AFL and AFL Club service or AFL-related product or service including related mobile applications. You need not disclose your identity to us in order to visit AFL Online, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied, however our internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve AFL Online.
The Australian Football Bodies may use “cookies” on AFL Online. A cookie is a small text file that AFL Online may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our websites to remember your preferences and are thus designed to improve your experience of AFL Online. Cookies may collect and store personal information about you.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
When you visit and browse AFL Online, our website host and some third party service providers may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
The Australian Football Bodies use website analytic services to help analyse how you use AFL Online (Website Analytics). Website Analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means including but not limited to cookies which are stored on users' computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of AFL Online. Our third party providers of these services may store this information. The Australian Football Bodies will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Website Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to AFL Online. The Australian Football Bodies will not associate any data gathered from AFL Online with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of Website Analytics.
AFL Online may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
If you are under 18, you should only use AFL Online with involvement of a parent or guardian. For their protection, we ask that anyone under 18 years of age does not attempt to register with AFL Online or otherwise provide us with any personal information without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
9 Information Security
The Australian Football Bodies will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within their direct control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The Australian Football Bodies will take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
10 Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme
In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, the Australian Football Bodies will investigate and notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
11 Contacting the AFL Regarding Access & Correction and Privacy Complaints
The privacy laws of some jurisdictions give individuals the right to access, amend or delete their personal information or, in some circumstances, to restrict or object to the processing of their personal information.
Information we hold about you should be up-to-date and accurate. Please advise of any changes to your information using the contact details set out in this paragraph 11.
An individual may:
by contacting the AFL’s Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the AFL via AFL Privacy Officer, AFL House, 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, Victoria 3008 or telephone on 03 9643 1999.
You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information. If you would like to request a copy of your data, or would like to take steps to exercise your rights, please contact us as set out in this paragraph 11. The Australian Football Bodies may charge an administration fee where access is provided. The Australian Football Bodies may refuse to provide access if permitted to do so by law. The Australian Football Bodies aim to provide access to your personal information within 30 days of a valid request.
At all times, privacy complaints:
The AFL’s Privacy Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable period of time following completion of the investigation.
12 Australian Football Bodies
For the purpose of this policy, “Australian Football Bodies” means all Australian football clubs and leagues affiliated with the AFL or AFL State Bodies, that being:
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Club Competition – Ronald’s Row – Rewarding grassroots volunteers
1. This document contains the terms and conditions of entry and the prizes forming the Ronald’s Row – Rewarding grassroots volunteers competition (Promotion). Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is the Fremantle Football Club ABN (83 006 055 249) of 31 Veterans Parade, Cockburn Central WA 6164, (“Promoter”).
3. Promotion commences at commences at 2:00pm, Friday 10 March 2023 and closes at 10:00am, Monday 10 April 2023 (“Promotional Period”). All times indicated in these Terms and Conditions are in AWST.
4. There will be 10 winners selected at the end of the Promotion Period, totalling 10 prize winner (“Winner”)
5. The Winner will be determined by the following criteria:
a. This is a game of skill. Local grassroots volunteer will be selected on the individual philanthropic merit of the response (“Criteria”).
6. The Winner will be determined per the following:
a. Time: 10:00am
b. Date: Tuesday week leading into every FFC home game (excluding any Finals Series or Grand Final).
c. Location: Fremantle Football Club, Cockburn ARC, 31 Veterans Parade, Cockburn Central WA 6160
7. Entry is only open to persons18 years or older residing in WA, excluding directors, management, employees, officers and contractors of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with this Promotion and their immediate families. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
8. You must be over the age of 18 as at 7/03/2023 to enter this competition.
Full Terms and Conditions of Entry:
9. To participate in the Promotion, entrants must:
a. Before the end of the Promotion Period, submit a valid entry (“Entry”) via the entry page https://tradablebits.com/tb_app/484194.
b. To submit an Entry, each Entrant must explain why the nominated entrant should win the Prize and provide the following details:
i. Your Name
ii. Email Address
iii Phone Number
iv. Name of Volunteer
v. Tell us why you are nominating them?
10. To win the Prize, entrants will be judged against the Criteria. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding on every entrant. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the Promoter’s opinion, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter. This includes, but is not limited to, entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases. In the event that a winner is disqualified and has been awarded a Prize, that entrant may be required to return the Prize or reimburse the value of the Prize Promotor.
12. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
13. The Prize consists of:
a. Ten (10) front row tickets to a Fremantle Football Club home game, nominated by FFC (“Ticket Component”); and
b. 10 x $50 food and beverage vouchers and McDonald’s merchandise gift bags
Together the “Prize”.
14. Total Prize pool of this Promotion is valued at AUD$16,390 (RRP incl. GST)
15. If any of the Prizes (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserve the right to substitute any Prize (or that part of the prize) with another prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
16. The winner will be notified by phone and email on the Wednesday prior to the home game.
17. If the Prize is not claimed within 3 days, the Promoter reserves the right to select a new Winner via the same method.
18. Time and Date of the Prize will be at a time determined by the Promotor.
19. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
20. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and any other parties associated with this promotion (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
22. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and any other parties associated with this promotion (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
23. As a condition of accepting a Prize, the winner may be required to sign legal documentation as and, in the form, required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
25. This Promotion is governed by the laws of WA, Australia. All entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of WA.
Prize Specific Terms and Conditions:
26. No component of the Prize is transferrable of exchangeable.
27. In respect of the Ticket Component of the Prize:
a. Winners and must abide by the Optus Stadium Conditions of Entry and AFL Conditions of Entry at Optus Stadium available here https://optusstadium.com.au/legal/conditions-of-entry.
b. FFC will nominate the home game allocated to the Winner, which can not be exchanged or substituted for another home game.
c. The AFL Finals Series or AFL Grand Final are expressly excluded from this promotion.
Browsers such as Safari on iOS require you to accept our cookies before entering. Click continue to accept cookies and enter the contest.