OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the #HomecomingUMGC 2022 Photo Contest website and who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the date of entry. Employees of University of Maryland Global Campus (“UMGC” or “University”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of UMGC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 3, 2022 at 12:00 AM ET and ending October 26, 2022 at 11:59 PM All online entries must be received by October 26, 2022, at 11:59 PM ET. Voting continues through November 1, 2022.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at the #HomecomingUMGC 2022 Photo Contest website. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of UMGC. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of UMGC.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) may receive prize(s) at the sole discretion of UMGC. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by UMGC. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at UMGC’s sole discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by popular vote under the supervision of UMGC. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. UMGC shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within ten (10) days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT UMGC’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that UMGC, anyone acting on behalf of UMGC, and UMGC’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of UMGC. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless UMGC from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which UMGC may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: UMGC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond UMGC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, UMGC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by UMGC. UMGC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. UMGC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, UMGC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless UMGC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF MARYLAND, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Maryland having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. You hereby grant UMGC the right to use my name, image, and/or quotation/testimonial/endorsement, including any identifying information supplied herewith, in UMGC advertising, marketing, and communication materials. You understand and accept that my name, image, and/or quotation/testimonial/endorsement may appear in promotional and/or advertising materials, displays, feature or news stories, or news releases that may appear in print, on the World Wide Web, on television or radio, or in other media. Furthermore, You understand and accept that this image and/or information shall constitute UMGC's property, solely and completely, and that it may be used in formats and media that are not produced, circulated, or otherwise controlled by UMGC. You authorize UMGC to edit and modify my quotation/testimonial/endorsement for length and for consistency in grammar, punctuation, and style. Finally, You certify that my quotation/testimonial/endorsement is true and accurate and reflects my honest belief in UMGC, its employees and representatives, and/or its programs and curricula.
By using this application, you are subject to Terms and Conditions presented by Tradable Bits. UMGC licenses this application for social media engagement purposes. UMGC collects names and email addresses in order to facilitate participation in the contest. Users will only be contacted by UMGC if they "opt in" to be contacted. Also, please be aware that UMGC's Social Media Guidelines apply to your submission.
Browsers such as Safari on iOS require you to accept our cookies before entering. Click continue to accept cookies and enter the contest.