PERTH WILDCATS PRIVACY COLLECTION NOTICE
The information you provide will be collected by or on behalf of us and may be disclosed to third parties that help us deliver our services (including information technology suppliers, communication suppliers and our business partners) or as required by law. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide all our products and services to you. We may disclose your personal information to recipients that are located outside of Australia.
Ballpark Entertainment Pty Ltd, ABN 16 162 327 077 of Level 5, 111 Coventry Street, Southbank Victoria 3006, trading as Perth Wildcats (“Perth Wildcats”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy and personal information of its fans and members.
This policy explains how Perth Wildcats manages the personal information that we collect, use and disclose and how to contact us if you have any further queries about our management of your personal information. This policy does not cover personal information collected or held by Perth Wildcats or any of its related bodies corporate (as applicable) about its employees.
Perth Wildcats is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) which regulate how we may collect, use, disclose and store personal information, and how individuals may access and correct personal information held about them. Perth Wildcats is also required to comply with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth).
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Examples include an individual's name, address, contact number and email address.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. Sensitive information includes health information and information about a person's race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
How does Perth Wildcats Collect and Hold your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information about you in the course of your dealings with us (for example, if you make an enquiry, become a member, purchase products or services from us, subscribe to any publication of Perth Wildcats, enter a promotion or access our Website).
The type of personal information we collect will depend on your dealings with us. Generally, we will collect your name, date of birth, address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect other personal and sensitive information from you. For example when:
• You visit our website; or
• You enquire about a product or service offered by us; or
• You enter into any trade promotions, competitions or other offers with Perth Wildcats or its partners; or
• You fill in and submit a form on our website; or
• You contact us by telephone, mail, email or online; or
• If you are applying for a position with Perth Wildcats, then the personal information we collect may include your resume, qualifications, skills, education provider and history, work history and residency status. We may need this information to assess your suitability for a position with Perth Wildcats; or
• If you establish an account with Perth Wildcats in order to purchase goods or services then the personal information we collect may include proof of identity information, including:
o Drivers licence number or other government identifier;
o Information in respect of product and service usage, club affiliations, event participation and game attendance, responses to offers made and/or promotions run by Perth Wildcats or its affiliates, payment patterns and history, and inquiries and complaints.
Sometimes we collect personal information about customers or potential customers from a third party or a publicly available source, or from marketing and similar lists legally acquired by us.
If you provide us with personal information about another person (such as a family member), please make sure that you have their consent to do so and that you tell them about this policy.
If we are unable to collect the personal information we require, or the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, this may affect our ability to communicate with your or provide products or services to you.
What Kind of Personal Information Does Perth Wildcats Collect and Hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a user, customer, provider, contractor, supplier, stakeholder, job applicant or in some other capacity.
For example, if you enter a trade promotion offered by us, we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and any other information required to provide you with the quote. If you deal with us in some other capacity (for example, as a provider, a supplier or a stakeholder), we may collect your name, contact details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
In general, we may collect the following personal information from you:
• Mailing or street address;
• Email address;
• Telephone number and other contact details;
• Age or date of birth;
• Credit card information;
• Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
• Details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
• Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
• Information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
• Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Any personal information that you provide via our website is collected and stored by Perth Wildcats.
To provide some of our services, we may be required to collect and hold your sensitive information. We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent (unless we are otherwise allowed or required by law to collect that information).
If you provide us with information about another person, you must obtain that person’s permission to give us the information and inform them of this policy. If we are not able to collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
Purposes for which Personal Information is Collected, Held, Used and Disclosed
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, and for other related purposes that you would reasonably expect.
Generally, these purposes include:
• Responding to your enquiries;
• Marketing and promotion;
• Providing you with our products and services (including developing new products and services);
• Obtaining your feedback; and
• Running promotions and for our general business operations (for example, maintenance of our business records, compliance with our legal and insurance obligations and statistical and analysis purposes).
We may disclose your personal information to our licensees, agents, contractors, professional advisors, insurers, promotion partners and/or relevant sporting bodies or programs in Australia for the purposes set out above. This includes, but is not limited to, the National Basketball League (NBL).
Apart from the above instances, we may also use and disclose your personal information with your consent, to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health and safety and as otherwise required or permitted by law or any enforcement body.
If you want to know how we obtained your personal information, please contact our office using the details provided below and we will let you know unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so.
Data Quality and Security
We may store your information in hardcopy and/or in electronic form. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
This may include a range of systems and communication security measures, as well as the secure storage of hard copy documents. In addition, access to your personal information will be restricted to those properly authorised to have access.
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant or misleading, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below and we will take reasonable steps to correct that information.
How you can access or correct your personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting our office using the details provided below. We will generally provide you with access, subject to some exceptions permitted by law.
Access to personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where:
• Providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
• The request is frivolous or vexatious;
• The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not normally be accessible as part of those proceedings;
• Providing access would be unlawful;
• Denying access is required by law;
• Providing access would be likely to prejudice enforcement related activities conducted by an enforcement body;
• Giving access would reveal evaluative information in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process; or
• Giving access would pose a threat to the life, health or safety of any individual or to public health or safety.
If we deny or restrict access to the information you have requested, we will give you written reasons for this decision when we respond to your request. We may charge a fee to cover our costs of providing access to you and will advise you of any fee payable before we provide you with access.
Our website is professionally hosted and operates in a secure environment. You should however be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your personal information via the Internet.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer for recordkeeping purposes. The information collected may be used by Perth Wildcats to improve and customize your experience on our website.
In addition, we may collect aggregated non-personally identifiable data from our website to help us maintain and improve delivery of Perth Wildcats online services and marketing.
This aggregated information assists Perth Wildcats to improve content and website navigation.
When you visit any of our online resources, our system may certain collect information about your visit for statistical purposes, including:
• Server address;
• Top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc.);
• The date and time of your visit to the site;
• The pages you accessed and documents downloaded during your visit;
• The previous site you visited;
• Whether you've visited our site before; and
• The type of browser used.
We record this data to maintain our server and improve our services. There are several methods and packages that we use to collect visitor behaviours on each of our online platforms. Like a number of commercial website operators, Perth Wildcats uses tools to measure and analyse internet usage across our websites. This enables Perth Wildcats to track the number of unique browsers to our websites.
Links to third party sites
Whilst links to third party websites are provided on our website, we are not responsible for the content or practices of these third-party websites.
These links are provided for your convenience and do not represent Perth Wildcats endorsement of any linked third-party website. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of these third parties prior to providing them with your personal information.
How you can make a privacy complaint
Please contact our office using the details provided below if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected or handled your personal information. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing within 30 days.
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
How to Contact Us
• Have queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by Perth Wildcats;
• Would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you;
Please contact our office:
• By telephone on 08 6272 0777
• By mail to Perth Wildcats, PO Box 455, Wembley WA 6913
• By email to email@example.com
For purposes of these Terms, “Content” means the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are uploaded to the Site.
You understand that Perth Wildcats does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit.
You understand that your Content may be shown on the big screen at any Perth Wildcats home games at RAC Arena, or used for the promotion of the activation across Perth Wildcats social media channels or websites.
You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content on the Site. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you submit. By making any Content available through the Site, you grant to Perth Wildcats a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, fully sublicensable through multiple tiers (including to Perth Wildcats’s customers), worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, publicly perform, and distribute your Content for any purpose.
You will not submit any Content to the Service that is (i) false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous or (ii) obscene, hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence; (iii) that will infringe, misappropriate, or violate a third party's intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation; or (iv) that contains images of any other person unless you have their consent.
By submitting Content to Perth Wildcats, you hereby irrevocably waive any and all rights of publicity or moral rights you may have in that Content, including your association with that Content, your authorship and your appearance, words, or other substance of that Content.
You further agree that Content you submit to the Site will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant Perth Wildcats all of the license rights granted herein.
Perth Wildcats reserves the right to remove any and all Content and block your access to the Site for any reason and without prior notice.
Browsers such as Safari on iOS require you to accept our cookies before entering. Click continue to accept cookies and enter the contest.