How do I sign my association or club up?
You can sign your association or club up on the community page at www.melbourneutd.com.au and head to the ‘Grassroots Membership’ tab.
How much will the Grassroots membership cost?
A Melbourne United Grassroots membership is FREE and open to all basketball associations and clubs in Victoria.
What is included?
Your association or club will receive the following benefits:
· Basketball signed by 2021/22 Melbourne United team
· Melbourne United team posters sent out to the association/club
· Melbourne United signage to display at the association/club
· Four (4) complimentary tickets to a selected 2021/22 Melbourne United home game
· Acknowledgement of the association/club on the Melbourne United website and at a home game
· Access to open training session
· Access to open coaching seminar
· Access to exclusive comps and offers
What does my association or club need to do in return?
Your association and club will be asked to promote Melbourne United games and events on your website, social media channels and newsletters where applicable. You will be asked to display and hand out promotional collateral at your association/club. Please refer to terms and conditions.
When will we receive the signage and signed basketball?
Your association and club will receive a visit from a Melbourne United representative throughout the season and will deliver the signage and basketball.
When will I receive the four complimentary tickets?
Digital tickets will be sent by Ticketek via SMS to the association or club contact in the week prior to the game date the association/club has selected.
Please note the benefits of the Melbourne United Grassroots Membership are subject to change and are at the discretion of Melbourne United.
Our Privacy Commitment
Melbourne United Basketball Pty Ltd ACN 626 901 102 and its related entities (Melbourne United, we, our or us) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy explains how Melbourne United manages the personal information that we collect, use and disclose and how to contact us if you have any further queries about our management of your personal information. This policy does not cover personal information collected or held by Melbourne United or any of its related bodies corporate (as applicable) about its employees.
Melbourne United is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) which regulate how we may collect, use, disclose and store personal information, and how individuals may access and correct personal information held about them. Melbourne United is also required to comply with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth).
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Examples include an individual's name, address, contact number and email address.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. Sensitive information includes health information and information about a person's race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
How does Melbourne United Collect and Hold your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information about you in the course of your dealings with us (for example, if you make an enquiry, become a member, purchase products or services from us, subscribe to any publication of Melbourne United, enter a promotion or access our Website).
The type of personal information we collect will depend on your dealings with us. Generally, we will collect your name, date of birth, address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect other personal and sensitive information from you. For example when:
• You visit our website; or
• You enquire about a product or service offered by us; or
• You enter into any trade promotions, competitions or other offers with Melbourne United or its partners; or
• You fill in and submit a form on our website; or
• You contact us by telephone, mail, email or online; or
• If you are applying for a position with Melbourne United, then the personal information we collect may include your resume, qualifications, skills, education provider and history, work history and residency status. We may need this information to assess your suitability for a position with Melbourne United; or
• If you establish an account with Melbourne United in order to purchase goods or services then the personal information we collect may include proof of identity information, including:
-Drivers licence number or other government identifier;
-Information in respect of product and service usage, club affiliations, event participation and game attendance, responses to offers made and/or promotions run by Melbourne United or its affiliates, payment patterns and history, and inquiries and complaints.
• Sometimes we collect personal information about customers or potential customers from a third party or a publicly available source, or from marketing and similar lists legally acquired by us.
• If you provide us with personal information about another person (such as a family member), please make sure that you have their consent to do so and that you tell them about this policy.
• If we are unable to collect the personal information we require, or the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, this may affect our ability to communicate with your or provide products or services to you.
What Kind of Personal Information Does Melbourne United Collect and Hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a user, customer, provider, contractor, supplier, stakeholder, job applicant or in some other capacity.
For example, if you enter a trade promotion offered by us, we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and any other information required to provide you with the quote. If you deal with us in some other capacity (for example, as a provider, a supplier or a stakeholder), we may collect your name, contact details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
In general, we may collect the following personal information from you:
• Mailing or street address;
• Email address;
• Telephone number and other contact details;
• Age or date of birth;
• Credit card information;
• Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
• Details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
• Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
• Information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
• Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Any personal information that you provide via our website is collected and stored by Melbourne United.
To provide some of our services, we may be required to collect and hold your sensitive information. We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent (unless we are otherwise allowed or required by law to collect that information).
If you provide us with information about another person, you must obtain that person’s permission to give us the information and inform them of this policy. If we are not able to collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
Purposes for which Personal Information is Collected, Held, Used and Disclosed
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, and for other related purposes that you would reasonably expect.
Generally, these purposes include:
• Responding to your enquiries;
• Marketing and promotion;
• Providing you with our products and services (including developing new products and services);
• Obtaining your feedback; and
• Running promotions and for our general business operations (for example, maintenance of our business records, compliance with our legal and insurance obligations and statistical and analysis purposes).
We may disclose your personal information to our licensees, agents, contractors, professional advisors, insurers, promotion partners and/or relevant sporting bodies or programs in Australia for the purposes set out above. This includes, but is not limited to, the National Basketball League (NBL).
Apart from the above instances, we may also use and disclose your personal information with your consent, to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health and safety and as otherwise required or permitted by law or any enforcement body.
If you want to know how we obtained your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below and we will let you know unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so.
Data Quality and Security
We may store your information in hardcopy and/or in electronic form. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
This may include a range of systems and communication security measures, as well as the secure storage of hard copy documents. In addition, access to your personal information will be restricted to those properly authorised to have access.
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant or misleading, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below and we will take reasonable steps to correct that information.
How you can access or correct your personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details provided below. We will generally provide you with access, subject to some exceptions permitted by law.
Access to personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where:
• Providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
• The request is frivolous or vexatious;
• The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not normally be accessible as part of those proceedings;
• Providing access would be unlawful;
• Denying access is required by law;
• Providing access would be likely to prejudice enforcement related activities conducted by an enforcement body;
• Giving access would reveal evaluative information in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process; or
• Giving access would pose a threat to the life, health or safety of any individual or to public health or safety.
If we deny or restrict access to the information you have requested, we will give you written reasons for this decision when we respond to your request. We may charge a fee to cover our costs of providing access to you and will advise you of any fee payable before we provide you with access.
Our website is professionally hosted and operates in a secure environment. You should however be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your personal information via the Internet.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer for recordkeeping purposes. The information collected may be used by Melbourne United to improve and customize your experience on our website.
In addition, we may collect aggregated non-personally identifiable data from our website to help us maintain and improve delivery of Melbourne United's online services and marketing.
This aggregated information assists Melbourne United to improve content and website navigation.
When you visit any of our online resources, our system may certain collect information about your visit for statistical purposes, including:
• Server address;
• Top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc.);
• The date and time of your visit to the site;
• The pages you accessed and documents downloaded during your visit;
• The previous site you visited;
• Whether you've visited our site before; and
• The type of browser used.
We record this data to maintain our server and improve our services. There are several methods and packages that we use to collect visitor behaviours on each of our online platforms. Like a number of commercial website operators, Melbourne United uses tools to measure and analyse internet usage across our websites. This enables Melbourne United to track the number of unique browsers to our websites.
Links to third party sites
Whilst links to third party websites are provided on our website, we are not responsible for the content or practices of these third-party websites.
These links are provided for your convenience and do not represent Melbourne United's endorsement of any linked third-party website. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of these third parties prior to providing them with your personal information.
How you can make a privacy complaint
Please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected or handled your personal information. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing within 30 days.
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
How to Contact Us
• Have queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by Melbourne United;
• Would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you;
Please contact our Privacy officer:
• By telephone on 03 9099 5500
• By mail to Melbourne United, 77-79 Tulip Street, Cheltenham, VIC, 3192
• By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure our grassroots members enjoy and get the most of their 2021-22 Melbourne United Grassroots Membership, we kindly as them to read the Terms and Conditions and Frequently Asked Questions prior to signing up.
I agree and consent to Melbourne United trading as Melbourne United Basketball Club Pty Ltd (ABN 42 158 938 624 23), its directors, employees, officers, agents and contractors (MU) making images or recordings, whether sound, digital or otherwise (Images and Recordings) at a United game or association event, and:
I agree that the rights granted to MU in the preceding paragraph above are perpetual and that my association will receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from MU in connection with the making, use or storage of the Images and Recordings.
The below Terms & Conditions are relevant to the Melbourne United Grassroots Membership.
Terms & Conditions of the Melbourne United Grassroots Membership are subject to change and are at the discretion of Melbourne United.
1. Registration Form
Click here become a 2021/22 Melbourne United Grassroots Member. By signing up, your association/club commits to these terms and conditions. Your club or association must be based in Victoria, Australia to be eligible. One Grassroots Membership allowed per club or association.
2. Promotional Collateral
Your association/club will receive a pack of 50 Melbourne United team posters. Team posters are to be given to young basketballs and displayed on noticeboards at venues or any other appropriate locations around your association. If you require additional collateral, please email email@example.com.
3. Signed Basketball
All associations and clubs will receive a signed basketball signed by the 2021/22 Melbourne United team. Your basketball will be delivered to your association/club early May 2022 due to overseas delivery of balls.
4. Association Signage
As a Grassroots member, you will receive signage for your venue. This will be delivered to your nominated address at a date to be advised.
5. Marketing Graphics
By registering to be a grassroots member, you have agreed to promote Melbourne United home games and any other events or competition within the 2021/22 National Basketball League (NBL) season. Graphics will be made by Melbourne United for you to use across your website, social media channels and newsletters.
6. Four (4) complimentary tickets to a 2021/22 home game
As a Melbourne United grassroots members, your association or club will receive four (4) complimentary tickets to a 2021/22 Melbourne United home game and will be available for the game selected in your registration form. Digital tickets will be sent to the mobile phone number linked to your registration approximately 4-7 days prior to the selected game. This benefit is subject to Victorian Government COVID safe venue guidelines. The 4 free tickets are available for the following games:
Saturday 12th February, 8pm v Adelaide 36ers at John Cain Arena
Sunday 27th February, 3pm v Cairns Taipans at John Cain Arena
Sunday 27th March, 5:30pm v Perth Wildcats at John Cain Arena
Thursday 31st March, 7:30pm v NZ Breakers at John Cain Arena
Monday 18th April, 7:30pm v Tasmania JackJumpers at John Cain Arena
Additional Tickets - If your association or club would like to purchase additional tickets on top of your complimentary 4 tickets, please contact the Melbourne United Membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Access to open training and coaching sessions
As a grassroots member, your association and club will be invited to an open training session and an open coaching seminar located at Hoops City in Cheltenham. The dates and times are at the discretion of the Melbourne United.
8. Ad hoc Competitions
Specific terms and conditions may be applicable for any competitions or initiatives throughout the 2021/22 NBL season. Winners will be at the discretion of Melbourne United.
Browsers such as Safari on iOS require you to accept our cookies before entering. Click continue to accept cookies and enter the contest.