1 Who Are We
When used in this document, depending on the context, "we," "our" and "us" refers to AFL and/or the AFL Clubs.
Protecting personal information is fundamental to the AFL’s and AFL Clubs’ relationship with our supporters, employees, players and business partners. All personal information received in connection with an AFL or AFL Club product or service, or in the conduct of the AFL’s or AFL Clubs’ business, is therefore treated seriously, having regard to the AFL’s and the AFL Clubs’ legal obligations.
Personal information is information that identifies you or could identify you. The AFL and AFL Clubs are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles.
3 Information Collected
Generally, the AFL and the AFL Clubs collect personal information directly from you via your use of the products and services on offer, use of AFL Online and any registration you make to participate with or receive information from, the AFL or your AFL Club and any business relationship between you and us, including via email. The personal information which the AFL and AFL Clubs collect and hold includes:
-your name, age, billing and/or shipping address, email address, gender, occupation, telephone number(s) and your AFL Club support;
- information about dealings with the AFL and AFL Clubs, including membership history, and subscriptions for AFL services;
- your AFL game attendance history where you purchase a ticket or use your AFL or AFL Club membership to obtain entry into a venue; and
- opinions and beliefs provided via surveys and questionnaires.
In addition, you may also provide to us and we may collect and hold additional personal information, such as:
- your credit card information; and
- details of the items ordered or purchased from us.
We also may collect additional non-personally identifiable information (for example, browser version, IP address) that will provide information regarding the general use of AFL Online.
If you do not give personal information to us, it may affect our ability to provide you with products and/or services.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you however we will provide you with an opportunity to opt–out of receiving communications about that matter within each of those communications.
It may take some time to put an opt-out or an unsubscribe in effect so you may still receive communications from us for several weeks after your request is received.
For the avoidance of doubt, by opting–out or unsubscribing yourself from a mailing list of an AFL or AFL Club product or service this will ensure your removal from that particular mailing list but will not guarantee your removal from other mailing lists that the AFL or an AFL Club may store your details in as a result of your engagement with a different service or product.
5 Information from Third Parties
We may also receive information about you from third parties in relation to other websites. For example, you may choose to participate in a third party application or feature as part of our services (such as logging in through Facebook Connect or Google+ or otherwise linking to the services from another website or interactive service) or on a third party website or service (such as a Facebook application or a similar application or feature) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including personal information. When you choose to participate, you may be opting to link your activity on AFL Online services with that third party website or service, which may then collect information about your visits to AFL Online and may publish that activity as you request to your "profile" or similar feature with that third party (such as if you choose to share content you find on AFL Online with your "connections" on the third party's website or service).
6 Public Forums, Refer a Friend, and Customer Testimonials
The AFL and AFL Club’s may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on AFL Online or mobile applications. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. The AFL and AFL Club’s are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
7 Storage of Personal Information
This may happen if our service providers are located overseas, or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. Where such parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties' compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Australian Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
8 Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The AFL and AFL Clubs collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
- to verify your identity;
- to improve AFL Online;
- to facilitate community competitions and programs;
- to provide, and to assist us with providing products and services to you, to manage and account for the products and services, and to improve the products and services;
- to manage AFL and AFL Club’s relationship(s) with you;
- to provide you with information about events, products and/or services that may interest you;
- to facilitate the internal business operations of the AFL and the AFL Clubs;
- to promote and market AFL events, products or services;
- to undertake research;
- to enable corporate partners and sponsors of the AFL, including AFL Clubs and the AFL’s digital rights partner Telstra, as well as their related bodies corporate, to market and promote their products and services to you; and
- to our third party service providers in connection with any of the above.
The AFL and AFL Clubs may also disclose personal information where it is otherwise permitted to do so by law.
Where you provide your personal information directly to one AFL Club, although it may be disclosed to the AFL, that personal information will not ordinarily be shared with a different AFL Club. However, there may be some circumstances where this personal information is shared between AFL Clubs. For example, if in a transaction you purchase merchandise relating to two AFL Clubs, that transaction may be disclosed to both AFL Clubs.
Sharing Information With Third Parties
We engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include payment processing and authorisation, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customisation, order fulfilment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing.
We may need to share personal information with these third parties so that they can perform these services, however, we limit the personal information that we give to them and authorise them to use this information only for the purpose of performing those services.
We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our agents, including agencies or third party vendors so that they can provide marketing analysis and consult on advertising strategies. This information does not identify individual users. We also may share non-personal information, such as the number of users who visited AFL Online during a specific time period or who purchased a specific product through the website, with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
The AFL and AFL Clubs do not otherwise disclose personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
9 Accessing AFL Online
“AFL Online” refers to the AFL website with its top-level domain located at http://www.afl.com.au/, all related sub-domains and any other AFL website (including any AFL Club website) which provides an AFL and AFL Club product, AFL and AFL Club service or AFL-related product or service including related mobile applications. You need not disclose your identity to the AFL or AFL Club in order to visit AFL Online, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied, however the AFL or AFL Club internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve AFL Online.
The AFL or AFL Clubs may use “cookies” on AFL Online. A cookie is a small text file that AFL Online may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our websites to remember your preferences and are thus designed to improve your experience of AFL Online. Cookies may collect and store personal information about you.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
When you visit and browse AFL Online, our website host and some third party service providers may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
- the number of users visiting our website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit;
- visiting patterns of individuals accessing AFL Online;
- the IP address of your computer; and
- the path taken through our website.
The AFL or AFL Clubs use website analytic services to help analyse how you use AFL Online (Website Analytics). Website Analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means including but not limited to cookies which are stored on users' computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of AFL Online. Our third party providers of these services may store this information. The AFL or AFL Clubs will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Website Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to AFL Online. The AFL or AFL Clubs will not associate any data gathered from AFL Online with any personally identifying information from any source as part of the AFL's or AFL Clubs' use of Website Analytics.
AFL Online may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
If you are under 18, you should only use AFL Online with involvement of a parent or guardian. For their protection, we ask that anyone under 18 years of age does not attempt to register with AFL Online or otherwise provide us with any personal information without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
10 Information Security
The AFL and AFL Clubs will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within their direct control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The AFL and AFL Clubs will take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
11 Contacting Us Regarding Access, Correction and Privacy Complaints
An individual may:
- request access to and seek the correction of their personal information held by the AFL and/or AFL Clubs at any time;
- make a complaint in relation to an alleged breach of privacy; or
by contacting the AFL by email at email@example.com or the relevant AFL Club’s Privacy Officer by email at the corresponding address below:
|Adelaide Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brisbane Lions Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Essendon Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Carlton Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Collingwood Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fremantle Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Geelong Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gold Coast Suns Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Western Sydney Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hawthorn Football Club Limitedemail@example.com|
|Melbourne Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North Melbourne Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Port Adelaide Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Richmond Football Clubemail@example.com|
|St Kilda Saints Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sydney Swans Football Clubemail@example.com|
|West Coast Eagles Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Western Bulldogs Football Clubemail@example.com|
Alternatively, you may write to the AFL via AFL Privacy Officer, AFL House, 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, Victoria 3008 or telephone on 03 9643 1999.
You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information. The AFL may charge an administration fee where access is provided. The AFL may refuse to provide access if permitted to do so by law. The AFL aims to provide access to your personal information within 30 days of a valid request.
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and the AFL.
The AFL’s Privacy Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable period of time following completion of the investigation.
12 AFL Clubs
For the purpose of this policy, “AFL Clubs” means each of the following:
Adelaide Football Club Limited ACN 008 101 568;
Brisbane Bears – Fitzroy Football Club Limited t/a Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club ACN 054 263 473;
Essendon Football Club ACN 004 286 373;
Carlton Football Club Limited ACN 005 449 909;
Collingwood Football Club Limited ACN 006 211 196;
Fremantle Football Club Limited ACN 066 055 249;
Geelong Football Club Limited ACN 005 150 818;
GCFC Limited ACN 144 555 822;
Western Sydney Football Club Limited ACN 130 190 242;
Hawthorn Football Club Limited ACN 005 068 851;
Melbourne Football Club Limited ACN 005 686 902;
North Melbourne Football Club Limited ACN 006 468 962;
Port Adelaide Football Club Limited ACN 068 839 547;
Richmond Football Club Limited ACN 065 563 011;
St Kilda Saints Football Club Limited ACN 005 174 836;
Sydney Swans Limited ACN 063 349 708;
West Coast Eagles a division of Indian Pacific Ltd ACN 009 178 894; and
Footscray Football Club Limited t/a Western Bulldogs ACN 005 226 595.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Club Sponsor Competition – 2021 Telstra Win the Ultimate Match Day Experience
1. This document contains the terms and conditions of entry and the prizes forming the 2021 Telstra Win the Ultimate Match Day Experience (Promotion). Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is the North Melbourne Football Club, 204 -206 Arden Street, North Melbourne, 3051, ABN 21 006 468 962 (“Promoter”).
3. The sponsor is Telstra, 242 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000 ABN 33 051 775 556 (“Sponsor”).
4. Promotion commences at 12:00pm, 6 September, 2021 and closes at 9:00am, 27 September, 2021 (“Promotional Period”). All times indicated in these Terms and Conditions are in AEDT.
5. By filling out and submitting your entry form, you will go into the draw to win the opportunity to present the match ball at one of North Melbourne’s 2022 AFL Home Games at Marvel Stadium, two passes to The Arden Lounge, and one North Melbourne Football Club Scarf.
6. There will be one (1) winner drawn at the end of the Promotion Period, totalling one (1) prize winner
7. Entry is only open to Victorian residents excluding employees of the Promoter, Sponsor and other agencies, firms or companies associated with this Promotion and their immediate families. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
8. You can be of any age to enter this competition.
Full Terms and Conditions of Entry:
Telstra Win the Ultimate Match Day Experience
9. The Telstra Win the Ultimate Match Day Experience commences at 12:00pm, 6 September, 2021 and closes at 9:00am, 27 September, 2021
10. To participate in the Telstra Win the Ultimate Match Day Experience, entrants must:
a. visit www.nmfc.com.au/UltimateMatchDayExperience , follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input all of the requested details and submit the fully completed entry (“Entry”) form.
11. The Telstra Win the Ultimate Match Day Experience is a game of chance. To win the prize, entrants must enter their details into the entry form. One winner will be randomly selected using an approved electronic draw system, out of pool of eligible entrants at the conclusion of the Promotional Period. The Promoter and Sponsor’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on every entrant. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the Promoter’s opinion, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Sponsor or the Promoter. In the event that a winner is disqualified and has been awarded a Prize, that entrant may be required to return the prize or reimburse the value of the prize to the Sponsor and Promotor.
13. The Prize consists of:
a. The opportunity for one person to present the match ball at one 2022 North Melbourne Football Club AFL Game to be determined by NMFC
b. Two tickets to the NMFC Match Day Function at the above game
c. One NMFC 2022 Scarf
14. If any of the Prizes (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter and Sponsor, in its discretion, reserve the right to substitute any Prize (or that part of the prize) with another prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
15. Total Prize pool of this Promotion valued at $180 plus a Money Can’t Buy Experience
16. The winner will receive an email to claim their prize and provide details for an address where the Promoter can mail the prize within 14 days. The match day that the ball will be presented at will be confirmed in March, 2022.
17. Entrants consent to the Promoter and Sponsor using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or Sponsor.
18. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
19. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and any other parties associated with this promotion (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
20. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and any other parties associated with this promotion (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
21. As a condition of accepting a Prize, the winner may be required to sign legal documentation as and, in the form, required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
23. This Promotion is governed by the laws of VIC, Australia. All entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of VIC.
Browsers such as Safari on iOS require you to accept our cookies before entering. Click continue to accept cookies and enter the contest.