1 Who Are We
When used in this document, depending on the context, "we," "our" and "us" refers to AFL and/or the AFL Clubs.
Protecting personal information is fundamental to the AFL’s and AFL Clubs’ relationship with our supporters, employees, players and business partners. All personal information received in connection with an AFL or AFL Club product or service, or in the conduct of the AFL’s or AFL Clubs’ business, is therefore treated seriously, having regard to the AFL’s and the AFL Clubs’ legal obligations.
Personal information is information that identifies you or could identify you. The AFL and AFL Clubs are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles.
3 Information Collected
In addition, you may also provide to us and we may collect and hold additional personal information, such as:
We also may collect additional non-personally identifiable information (for example, browser version, IP address), including that will provide information regarding the general use of AFL Online.
If you do not give personal information to us, it may affect our ability to provide you with products and/or services.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you however we will provide you with an opportunity to opt–out of receiving communications about that matter within each of those communications.
It may take some time to put an opt-out or an unsubscribe in effect so you may still receive communications from us for several weeks after your request is received.
For the avoidance of doubt, by opting–out or unsubscribing yourself from a mailing list of an AFL or AFL Club product or service this will ensure your removal from that particular mailing list but will not guarantee your removal from other mailing lists that the AFL or an AFL Club may store your details in as a result of your engagement with a different service or product.
5 Information from Third Parties
We may also receive information about you from third parties in relation to other websites. For example, you may choose to participate in a third party application or feature as part of our services (such as logging in through Facebook Connect or Google+ or otherwise linking to the services from another website or interactive service) or on a third party website or service (such as a Facebook application or a similar application or feature) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including personal information. When you choose to participate, you may be opting to link your activity on AFL Online services with that third party website or service, which may then collect information about your visits to AFL Online and may publish that activity as you request to your "profile" or similar feature with that third party (such as if you choose to share content you find on AFL Online with your "connections" on the third party's website or service).
6 Public Forums, Refer a Friend, and Customer Testimonials
The AFL and AFL Clubs may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on AFL Online or mobile applications. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. The AFL and AFL Clubs are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
7 Storage of Personal Information
This may happen if our service providers are located overseas, or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. Where such parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties' compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Australian Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
8 Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The AFL and AFL Clubs collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
The AFL and AFL Clubs may also disclose personal information where it is otherwise permitted to do so by law.
Where you provide your personal information directly to one AFL Club, although it may be disclosed to the AFL, that personal information will not ordinarily be shared with a different AFL Club. However, there may be some circumstances where this personal information is shared between AFL Clubs. For example, if in a transaction you purchase merchandise relating to two AFL Clubs, that transaction may be disclosed to both AFL Clubs.
You consent to the AFL and AFL Clubs using your personal information for sending you information, including promotional material, about the AFL or AFL Clubs, or the AFL or AFL Clubs' products and services, as well as the products and services of selected third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us contacting you with such information by means of direct mail, email, SMS, MMS messages, social media and via telephone.
Sharing Information With Third Parties
We engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include payment processing and authorisation, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customisation, order fulfilment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing.
We may need to share personal information with these third parties so that they can perform these services, however, we limit the personal information that we give to them and authorise them to use this information only for the purpose of performing those services.
We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our agents, including agencies or third party vendors so that they can provide marketing analysis and consult on advertising strategies. This information does not identify individual users. We also may share non-personal information, such as the number of users who visited AFL Online during a specific time period or who purchased a specific product through the website, with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
The AFL and AFL Clubs do not otherwise disclose personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
9 Accessing AFL Online
“AFL Online” refers to the AFL website with its top-level domain located at http://www.afl.com.au/, all related sub-domains and any other AFL website (including any AFL Club website) which provides an AFL and AFL Club product, AFL and AFL Club service or AFL-related product or service including related mobile applications. You need not disclose your identity to the AFL or AFL Club in order to visit AFL Online, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied, however the AFL or AFL Club internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve AFL Online.
The AFL or AFL Clubs may use “cookies” on AFL Online. A cookie is a small text file that AFL Online may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our websites to remember your preferences and are thus designed to improve your experience of AFL Online. Cookies may collect and store personal information about you.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
When you visit and browse AFL Online, our website host and some third party service providers may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
The AFL or AFL Clubs use website analytic services to help analyse how you use AFL Online (Website Analytics). Website Analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means including but not limited to cookies which are stored on users' computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of AFL Online. Our third party providers of these services may store this information. The AFL or AFL Clubs will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Website Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to AFL Online. The AFL or AFL Clubs will not associate any data gathered from AFL Online with any personally identifying information from any source as part of the AFL's or AFL Clubs' use of Website Analytics.
AFL Online may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
If you are under 18, you should only use AFL Online with involvement of a parent or guardian. For their protection, we ask that anyone under 18 years of age does not attempt to register with AFL Online or otherwise provide us with any personal information without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
10 Information Security
The AFL and AFL Clubs will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within their direct control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The AFL and AFL Clubs will take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
11 Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme
In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, the AFL and/or AFL Clubs will investigate and notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
12 Contacting Us Regarding Access, Correction and Privacy Complaints
The privacy laws of some jurisdictions give individuals the right to access, amend or delete their personal information or, in some circumstances, to restrict or object to the processing of their personal information.
Information we hold about you should be up-to-date and accurate. Please advise of any changes to your information using the contact details set out in this paragraph 12.
An individual may:
by contacting the AFL by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the relevant AFL Club’s Privacy Officer by email at the corresponding address below:
|Adelaide Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Brisbane Lions Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Carlton Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Collingwood Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Essendon Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Fremantle Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Geelong Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Gold Coast Suns Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Western Sydney Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Hawthorn Football Club Limitedfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Melbourne Football Clubemail@example.com|
|North Melbourne Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Port Adelaide Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Richmond Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|St Kilda Saints Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Sydney Swans Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|West Coast Eagles Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Western Bulldogs Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Alternatively, you may write to the AFL via AFL Privacy Officer, AFL House, 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, Victoria 3008 or telephone on 03 9643 1999.
You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information. If you would like to request a copy of your data, or would like to take steps to exercise your rights, please contact us as set out in this paragraph 12. The AFL may charge an administration fee where access is provided. The AFL may refuse to provide access if permitted to do so by law. The AFL aims to provide access to your personal information within 30 days of a valid request.
At all times, privacy complaints:
The AFL’s Privacy Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable period of time following completion of the investigation.
13 AFL Clubs
For the purpose of this policy, “AFL Clubs” means the following:
Adelaide Football Club Limited ACN 008 101 568;
Brisbane Bears – Fitzroy Football Club Limited t/a Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club ACN 054 263 473;
Essendon Football Club ACN 004 286 373;
Carlton Football Club Limited ACN 005 449 909;
Collingwood Football Club Limited ACN 006 211 196;
Fremantle Football Club Limited ACN 066 055 249;
Geelong Football Club Limited ACN 005 150 818;
GCFC Limited ACN 144 555 822;
Western Sydney Football Club Limited ACN 130 190 242;
Hawthorn Football Club Limited ACN 005 068 851;
Melbourne Football Club Limited ACN 005 686 902;
North Melbourne Football Club Limited ACN 006 468 962;
Port Adelaide Football Club Limited ACN 068 839 547;
Richmond Football Club Limited ACN 065 563 011;
St Kilda Saints Football Club Limited ACN 005 174 836;
Sydney Swans Limited ACN 063 349 708;
West Coast Eagles a division of Indian Pacific Ltd ACN 009 178 894; and
Footscray Football Club Limited t/a Western Bulldogs ACN 005 226 595.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who Can Enter
3. Subject to the clauses below, entry is open to all residents of Australia who have fulfilled the requirements set out below ('Eligible Entrants'). Entrants must be over the age of 18, as of the date of entry.
4. Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, the Sponsor, associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
5. The Promoter is Sydney Swans Limited (ABN 48 063 349 708) (the 'Promoter'). The Promoter's address is Light Tower #4, Driver Avenue, Moore Park, NSW 2021.
6. The Sponsor is Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Limited (ABN 14 093 117 876) (the ‘Sponsor’). The Sponsor’s address is 24 Muir Road, Chullora, NSW 2190.
How to Enter
7. To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below): visit www.sydneyswans.com.au/volksgiving to get a virtual scratch card. Weekly instant win prizes via a scratch and win contest where entrants virtually "scratch" the digital image to reveal if they have won a series of weekly Swans and Volkswagen prize packs. All virtual scratch card entries will go in the overall Major Prize draw to win a Volkswagen T-Roc X 7 Speed DSG in Pure White with Flash Red roof and mirrors.
8. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter and the Sponsor (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter or the Sponsor (as the case may be).
9. Quality-control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured.
10. There are nine (9) prize opportunities for the scratch and win promotion as outlined in the prize list.
11. Entries must provide contact details on request to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
Number of Entries Permitted
12. All entrants may enter once daily and therefore a maximum of 21 entries for a chance to win the Major Prize.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish Dates
13. The competition commences on 10/05/2021 at 9:00 AM and closes 31/05/2021 at 11:59 PM ('Promotional Period'). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. If any draw date falls on a public holiday, as defined in the state of the Promoter, that draw will be conducted on the next business day. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
14. The winners will be notified instantly on the virtual scratch card they have received. Instant notification of prize winning is subject to compliance with these terms and conditions.
15. The Major Prize winner will be drawn at the Promoter’s Premises on 01/06/21 at 10:00 AM. The Promoter will contact the Major Prize winner by phone or email by 5:00 PM on 01/06/2021. Their names will also be published on 01/06/2021 at www.sydneyswans.com.au
16. Prizes (instant win prizes) will be sent within 60 days of the draw.
17. The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 28/06/2021 (at 11:00 AM at the Promoter’s premises) as the original draw in order to distribute any instant prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on 28/06/2021 at www.sydneyswans.com.au for 28 days.
Prize on Offer
18. The total prize pool is valued at up to $48,011.00 (including GST), as at 6/05/2021.
19. The total number of competition winners in this competition is ten (10). The prizes on offer are:
Value Per Pack
Total Prize Pool Value
Week 1 - Swans X Volkswagen Prize Pack
· One (1) Lego Volkswagen Beetle
· Sydney Swans merchandise to the value of $75 (2 items)
Week 2 - Swans X Volkswagen Prize Pack
· One (1) Lego Volkswagen Kombi
· Sydney Swans merchandise to the value of $75 (2 items)
Week 3 - Swans X Volkswagen Prize Pack
· One (1) Volkswagen Junior Quad
· Sydney Swans merchandise to the value of $75 (2 items)
Value Per Pack
Total Prize Pool Value
T-Roc X 7 Speed DSG valued at $45,602.00 in Pure White with Flash Red roof and mirrors (being the manufacturer’s recommended driveaway price for NSW including GST)
Vehicle must be picked up from the winner’s nearest Volkswagen dealership. This will be determined by the Sponsor.
21. The Major Prize includes 12 months’ registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary State by State).
22. The Promoter and Sponsor take no responsibility for petrol, comprehensive insurance, health, transport, body, paint or mechanical damage, or any other costs or damages, from date of delivery. The Major Prize winner will be responsible for any expenses incurred in getting to and from their nearest authorised Volkswagen Dealer. The prize value includes on-road costs.
23. If the Major Prize winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the Major Prize winner may assign the car to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter and Sponsor take no responsibility for any such arrangements between the Major Prize winner and the assignee. The Major Prize winner must provide the Sponsor with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Sponsor before the Major Prize is awarded.
Further Terms and Conditions
24. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
25. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
26. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier's requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
27. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner's deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter or Sponsor deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
30. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner's nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection Statement
31. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter and the Sponsor (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter or Sponsor (as the case may be).
32. The Promoter and Sponsor and their related entities collect entrants' personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners). The Promoter may disclose personal information collected to an agent who is engaged to conduct the competition draw and for prize fulfilment. The Promoter may also disclose personal information collected to Australian regulatory authorities, such as the regulators of trade promotions. The Promoter and Sponsor will otherwise handle your personal information in accordance with their Privacy Policies available at https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/privacy (Promoter) and https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/privacy-policy.html (Sponsor). You may request access or to update your personal information or lodge a complaint by writing to The Privacy Officer, Sydney Swans Limited (ABN 48 063 349 708) of Light Tower #4, Driver Avenue, Moore Park, NSW 2021 (Promoter) or The Privacy Officer, Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Limited (ABN 14 093 117 876) of 24 Muir Road, Chullora, NSW 2019 (Sponsor).
Copyright, Statutory Guarantees, Waiver and Liability
33. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
34. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter and the Sponsor a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
35. Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
36. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use "scripting" is not permitted and will not be accepted.
37. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
38. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ('Non-Excludable Guarantees').
39. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
Browsers such as Safari on iOS require you to accept our cookies before entering. Click continue to accept cookies and enter the contest.