1 Who Are We
When used in this document, depending on the context, "we," "our" and "us" refers to AFL and/or the AFL Clubs.
Protecting personal information is fundamental to the AFL’s and AFL Clubs’ relationship with our supporters, employees, players and business partners. All personal information received in connection with an AFL or AFL Club product or service, or in the conduct of the AFL’s or AFL Clubs’ business, is therefore treated seriously, having regard to the AFL’s and the AFL Clubs’ legal obligations.
Personal information is information that identifies you or could identify you. The AFL and AFL Clubs are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles.
3 Information Collected
In addition, you may also provide to us and we may collect and hold additional personal information, such as:
We also may collect additional non-personally identifiable information (for example, browser version, IP address), including that will provide information regarding the general use of AFL Online.
If you do not give personal information to us, it may affect our ability to provide you with products and/or services.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you however we will provide you with an opportunity to opt–out of receiving communications about that matter within each of those communications.
It may take some time to put an opt-out or an unsubscribe in effect so you may still receive communications from us for several weeks after your request is received.
For the avoidance of doubt, by opting–out or unsubscribing yourself from a mailing list of an AFL or AFL Club product or service this will ensure your removal from that particular mailing list but will not guarantee your removal from other mailing lists that the AFL or an AFL Club may store your details in as a result of your engagement with a different service or product.
5 Information from Third Parties
We may also receive information about you from third parties in relation to other websites. For example, you may choose to participate in a third party application or feature as part of our services (such as logging in through Facebook Connect or Google+ or otherwise linking to the services from another website or interactive service) or on a third party website or service (such as a Facebook application or a similar application or feature) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including personal information. When you choose to participate, you may be opting to link your activity on AFL Online services with that third party website or service, which may then collect information about your visits to AFL Online and may publish that activity as you request to your "profile" or similar feature with that third party (such as if you choose to share content you find on AFL Online with your "connections" on the third party's website or service).
6 Public Forums, Refer a Friend, and Customer Testimonials
The AFL and AFL Clubs may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on AFL Online or mobile applications. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. The AFL and AFL Clubs are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
7 Storage of Personal Information
This may happen if our service providers are located overseas, or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. Where such parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties' compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Australian Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
8 Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The AFL and AFL Clubs collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
The AFL and AFL Clubs may also disclose personal information where it is otherwise permitted to do so by law.
Where you provide your personal information directly to one AFL Club, although it may be disclosed to the AFL, that personal information will not ordinarily be shared with a different AFL Club. However, there may be some circumstances where this personal information is shared between AFL Clubs. For example, if in a transaction you purchase merchandise relating to two AFL Clubs, that transaction may be disclosed to both AFL Clubs.
You consent to the AFL and AFL Clubs using your personal information for sending you information, including promotional material, about the AFL or AFL Clubs, or the AFL or AFL Clubs' products and services, as well as the products and services of selected third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us contacting you with such information by means of direct mail, email, SMS, MMS messages, social media and via telephone.
Sharing Information With Third Parties
We engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include payment processing and authorisation, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customisation, order fulfilment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing.
We may need to share personal information with these third parties so that they can perform these services, however, we limit the personal information that we give to them and authorise them to use this information only for the purpose of performing those services.
We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our agents, including agencies or third party vendors so that they can provide marketing analysis and consult on advertising strategies. This information does not identify individual users. We also may share non-personal information, such as the number of users who visited AFL Online during a specific time period or who purchased a specific product through the website, with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
The AFL and AFL Clubs do not otherwise disclose personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
9 Accessing AFL Online
“AFL Online” refers to the AFL website with its top-level domain located at http://www.afl.com.au/, all related sub-domains and any other AFL website (including any AFL Club website) which provides an AFL and AFL Club product, AFL and AFL Club service or AFL-related product or service including related mobile applications. You need not disclose your identity to the AFL or AFL Club in order to visit AFL Online, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied, however the AFL or AFL Club internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve AFL Online.
The AFL or AFL Clubs may use “cookies” on AFL Online. A cookie is a small text file that AFL Online may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our websites to remember your preferences and are thus designed to improve your experience of AFL Online. Cookies may collect and store personal information about you.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
When you visit and browse AFL Online, our website host and some third party service providers may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
The AFL or AFL Clubs use website analytic services to help analyse how you use AFL Online (Website Analytics). Website Analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means including but not limited to cookies which are stored on users' computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of AFL Online. Our third party providers of these services may store this information. The AFL or AFL Clubs will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Website Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to AFL Online. The AFL or AFL Clubs will not associate any data gathered from AFL Online with any personally identifying information from any source as part of the AFL's or AFL Clubs' use of Website Analytics.
AFL Online may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
If you are under 18, you should only use AFL Online with involvement of a parent or guardian. For their protection, we ask that anyone under 18 years of age does not attempt to register with AFL Online or otherwise provide us with any personal information without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
10 Information Security
The AFL and AFL Clubs will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within their direct control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The AFL and AFL Clubs will take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
11 Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme
In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, the AFL and/or AFL Clubs will investigate and notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
12 Contacting Us Regarding Access, Correction and Privacy Complaints
The privacy laws of some jurisdictions give individuals the right to access, amend or delete their personal information or, in some circumstances, to restrict or object to the processing of their personal information.
Information we hold about you should be up-to-date and accurate. Please advise of any changes to your information using the contact details set out in this paragraph 12.
An individual may:
by contacting the AFL by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the relevant AFL Club’s Privacy Officer by email at the corresponding address below:
Adelaide Football Club
Brisbane Lions Football Club
Carlton Football Club
Collingwood Football Club
Essendon Football Club
Fremantle Football Club
Geelong Football Club
Gold Coast Suns Football Club
Western Sydney Football Club
Hawthorn Football Club Limited
Melbourne Football Club
North Melbourne Football Club
Port Adelaide Football Club
Richmond Football Club
St Kilda Saints Football Club
Sydney Swans Football Club
West Coast Eagles Football Club
Western Bulldogs Football Club
Alternatively, you may write to the AFL via AFL Privacy Officer, AFL House, 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, Victoria 3008 or telephone on 03 9643 1999.
You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information. If you would like to request a copy of your data, or would like to take steps to exercise your rights, please contact us as set out in this paragraph 12. The AFL may charge an administration fee where access is provided. The AFL may refuse to provide access if permitted to do so by law. The AFL aims to provide access to your personal information within 30 days of a valid request.
At all times, privacy complaints:
The AFL’s Privacy Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable period of time following completion of the investigation.
13 AFL Clubs
For the purpose of this policy, “AFL Clubs” means the following:
Adelaide Football Club Limited ACN 008 101 568;
Brisbane Bears – Fitzroy Football Club Limited t/a Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club ACN 054 263 473;
Essendon Football Club ACN 004 286 373;
Carlton Football Club Limited ACN 005 449 909;
Collingwood Football Club Limited ACN 006 211 196;
Fremantle Football Club Limited ACN 066 055 249;
Geelong Football Club Limited ACN 005 150 818;
GCFC Limited ACN 144 555 822;
Western Sydney Football Club Limited ACN 130 190 242;
Hawthorn Football Club Limited ACN 005 068 851;
Melbourne Football Club Limited ACN 005 686 902;
North Melbourne Football Club Limited ACN 006 468 962;
Port Adelaide Football Club Limited ACN 068 839 547;
Richmond Football Club Limited ACN 065 563 011;
St Kilda Saints Football Club Limited ACN 005 174 836;
Sydney Swans Limited ACN 063 349 708;
West Coast Eagles a division of Indian Pacific Ltd ACN 009 178 894; and
Footscray Football Club Limited t/a Western Bulldogs ACN 005 226 595.
Fremantle Dockers – Score a sensational game day thanks to Containers For Change Terms and Conditions
1. Promoter: This competition is a promotion run by Fremantle Football Club Ltd, ABN 830 660 552 of 31 Veterans Parade, Cockburn Central WA 6164 (The “Promoter” or “Fremantle Dockers”).
2. This document, information on prizes and how to enter the Promotion form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions are ineligible.
3. Participation in the Promotion constitutes the entrant’s unconditional agreement to acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entry is open to all Western Australian residents and Groups excluding employees of the Promoter of this Promotion (Entrants). To be eligible for the Prize, Entrants must be 18 years of age or over.
5. The Promotion Period: The Promotion commences on 28 May 2021 at 2.00pm AWST and closes 11 August 2021 at 10.00am.
6. Entry Method: During the Promotion Period, entrants must submit a valid entry via the entry page at (TBC). To submit a valid Entry, Entrants are required to register their contact information including the following;
□ First Name
□ Are you a current Fremantle Dockers member? Y/N
□ Enter your Containers for change scheme ID – entrants can get a scheme ID here:
TICK BOX – I AGREE TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS (LINK TO DETAILED TERMS AND CONDITIONS)
7. Entry Limits: Only one entry per Entrant during the Promotion Period is permitted. Each entry can only win once across the duration of the promotional period.
8. Draw Details: All valid entries will be included in the Draw, which will be drawn 4 days prior to each home game. The Draw will be undertaken using a random number generator.
Round 12 vs Western Bulldogs
4 days prior
Round 13 vs Gold Coast Suns
4 days prior
Round 16 vs Carlton
4 days prior
Round 18 vs Geelong
4 days prior
Round 20 vs Richmond
Round 21 vs Brisbane
4 days prior
4 days prior
Round 22 vs West Coast Eagles
4 days prior
9. Prize Details: Two winners per draw, each winner will receive the following;
□ Two General Admission tickets to the corresponding FFC home game
□ A boundary rider experience for the winner and their guest. Boundary rider experience will occur 60 minutes prior to bounce down so winners will be required to arrive 75 mins before the start of the game. ‘Boundary Riders’ allows you on the grass of Optus Stadium to get a close-up view of the pre-game individual player warm up. You will need to have scanned into the venue prior to meeting. Under current AFL guidelines the winner will need to complete a waiver and release prior to participating in the Boundary Rider experience. Participation cannot be permitted until this has been completed. Please note no late comers can be accepted onto the ground. Important information in relation to the Boundary Rider experience:
□ No talking to players
□ No talking to coaches
□ Stay on synthetic turf at all times, unless instructed
□ Be aware of footballs
□ No opposition club apparel to be worn
□ Winners of the competition will also receive the opportunity to play the Containers for change recycling game during the match. This may be scheduled pre-game OR at three-quarter time. FFC will advise the winners when their game will take place when they are notified of winning. Recycling game mechanic detailed below;
o Two participants, competing against each other
o 90 seconds (timer on scoreboard) to get as many of the printed ‘containers’ into the branded bins
o Each eligible container is worth 1 point
o A Containers for change representative will be positioned at each bin to determine what is eligible vs non-eligible
o The person who places the highest number of eligible containers into the branded bins wins $250 cash
10. Boundary riders & on ground game are subject to AFL guidelines around access on to the field.
11. Entry relevant to each week of the Promotion will close on the Monday leading into the following Fremantle Dockers home game at 9am. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period.
12. The Promoter is not liable for late, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted or delayed entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, theft, destruction, communications failure or otherwise.
13. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified via mobile phone (as submitted at the time of entry) following the Draw. Should the winner not communicate with the Promoter within 24 hours of being notified the Prize will be relinquished and FFC reserve the right to draw another winner.
14. All expenses other than those expressly referred to in these Terms and Conditions will be at the winner’s cost. The Promoter will not be liable for the failure of the winner to
meet material deadlines or cancellations. No cash or other prize will be awarded if the winner or a companion of the winner cancels for any reason.
15. Entrants consent to the Promoter and WA Return Recycle Renew Ltd using their name, likeness, image and/or voice, in the event that they are a winner of any of the Prizes for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting the Promotion.
16. The Prize components may alter at the discretion of the Promoter.
17. All Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. If for any reason the winner does not take an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the Prize.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner provide proof of identity prior to awarding the Prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign any form required by the Promoter including without limitation a legal release and indemnity form or a declaration confirming their eligibility to accept the Prize.
19. Unless otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions, if a Prize or any element of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, FFC may substitute that Prize or element of that Prize for another item of equal or higher values as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the Wagering and Gaming Commission of Western Australia, if required. The Prize may not be sold or offered for resale at a premium or used for advertising or other commercial purposes (including competition and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original recipient or any subsequent bearer.
20. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
21. If, for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned (including in respect of the awarding and/or use of any Prize by a winner), the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available to it, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, unless to do so would be prohibited by law. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss which is suffered or incurred as a result of any such action, cancellation, termination, modification or suspension.
22. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the Promotion or accepting or using any Prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes, modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
24. Subject to being granted approval by the Gaming and Wagering Commission of Western Australia, the Promoter reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions, including to address any misinterpretation, misinformation or misunderstanding that may arise in the application of these Terms and Conditions.
25. In the event of a dispute relating to the Promotion and these Terms and Conditions, the decision of the Promoter is final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. Where the Promotion is promoted on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with any of these social media platforms and entrants in the Promotion release LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and their associated companies from all liability arising from the Promotion.
29. These Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of Western Australia and all Entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Western Australia.
Browsers such as Safari on iOS require you to accept our cookies before entering. Click continue to accept cookies and enter the contest.