1 Who Are We
When used in this document, depending on the context, "we," "our" and "us" refers to AFL and/or the AFL Clubs.
Protecting personal information is fundamental to the AFL’s and AFL Clubs’ relationship with our supporters, employees, players and business partners. All personal information received in connection with an AFL or AFL Club product or service, or in the conduct of the AFL’s or AFL Clubs’ business, is therefore treated seriously, having regard to the AFL’s and the AFL Clubs’ legal obligations.
Personal information is information that identifies you or could identify you. The AFL and AFL Clubs are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles.
3 Information Collected
Generally, the AFL and the AFL Clubs collect personal information directly from you via your use of the products and services on offer, use of AFL Online and any registration you make to participate with or receive information from, the AFL or your AFL Club and any business relationship between you and us, including via email. The personal information which the AFL and AFL Clubs collect and hold includes:
-your name, age, billing and/or shipping address, email address, gender, occupation, telephone number(s) and your AFL Club support;
- information about dealings with the AFL and AFL Clubs, including membership history, and subscriptions for AFL services;
- your AFL game attendance history where you purchase a ticket or use your AFL or AFL Club membership to obtain entry into a venue; and
- opinions and beliefs provided via surveys and questionnaires.
In addition, you may also provide to us and we may collect and hold additional personal information, such as:
- your credit card information; and
- details of the items ordered or purchased from us.
We also may collect additional non-personally identifiable information (for example, browser version, IP address) that will provide information regarding the general use of AFL Online.
If you do not give personal information to us, it may affect our ability to provide you with products and/or services.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you however we will provide you with an opportunity to opt–out of receiving communications about that matter within each of those communications.
It may take some time to put an opt-out or an unsubscribe in effect so you may still receive communications from us for several weeks after your request is received.
For the avoidance of doubt, by opting–out or unsubscribing yourself from a mailing list of an AFL or AFL Club product or service this will ensure your removal from that particular mailing list but will not guarantee your removal from other mailing lists that the AFL or an AFL Club may store your details in as a result of your engagement with a different service or product.
5 Information from Third Parties
We may also receive information about you from third parties in relation to other websites. For example, you may choose to participate in a third party application or feature as part of our services (such as logging in through Facebook Connect or Google+ or otherwise linking to the services from another website or interactive service) or on a third party website or service (such as a Facebook application or a similar application or feature) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including personal information. When you choose to participate, you may be opting to link your activity on AFL Online services with that third party website or service, which may then collect information about your visits to AFL Online and may publish that activity as you request to your "profile" or similar feature with that third party (such as if you choose to share content you find on AFL Online with your "connections" on the third party's website or service).
6 Public Forums, Refer a Friend, and Customer Testimonials
The AFL and AFL Club’s may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on AFL Online or mobile applications. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. The AFL and AFL Club’s are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
7 Storage of Personal Information
This may happen if our service providers are located overseas, or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. Where such parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties' compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Australian Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
8 Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The AFL and AFL Clubs collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
- to verify your identity;
- to improve AFL Online;
- to facilitate community competitions and programs;
- to provide, and to assist us with providing products and services to you, to manage and account for the products and services, and to improve the products and services;
- to manage AFL and AFL Club’s relationship(s) with you;
- to provide you with information about events, products and/or services that may interest you;
- to facilitate the internal business operations of the AFL and the AFL Clubs;
- to promote and market AFL events, products or services;
- to undertake research;
- to enable corporate partners and sponsors of the AFL, including AFL Clubs and the AFL’s digital rights partner Telstra, as well as their related bodies corporate, to market and promote their products and services to you; and
- to our third party service providers in connection with any of the above.
The AFL and AFL Clubs may also disclose personal information where it is otherwise permitted to do so by law.
Where you provide your personal information directly to one AFL Club, although it may be disclosed to the AFL, that personal information will not ordinarily be shared with a different AFL Club. However, there may be some circumstances where this personal information is shared between AFL Clubs. For example, if in a transaction you purchase merchandise relating to two AFL Clubs, that transaction may be disclosed to both AFL Clubs.
Sharing Information With Third Parties
We engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include payment processing and authorisation, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customisation, order fulfilment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing.
We may need to share personal information with these third parties so that they can perform these services, however, we limit the personal information that we give to them and authorise them to use this information only for the purpose of performing those services.
We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our agents, including agencies or third party vendors so that they can provide marketing analysis and consult on advertising strategies. This information does not identify individual users. We also may share non-personal information, such as the number of users who visited AFL Online during a specific time period or who purchased a specific product through the website, with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
The AFL and AFL Clubs do not otherwise disclose personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
9 Accessing AFL Online
“AFL Online” refers to the AFL website with its top-level domain located at http://www.afl.com.au/, all related sub-domains and any other AFL website (including any AFL Club website) which provides an AFL and AFL Club product, AFL and AFL Club service or AFL-related product or service including related mobile applications. You need not disclose your identity to the AFL or AFL Club in order to visit AFL Online, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied, however the AFL or AFL Club internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve AFL Online.
The AFL or AFL Clubs may use “cookies” on AFL Online. A cookie is a small text file that AFL Online may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our websites to remember your preferences and are thus designed to improve your experience of AFL Online. Cookies may collect and store personal information about you.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
When you visit and browse AFL Online, our website host and some third party service providers may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
- the number of users visiting our website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit;
- visiting patterns of individuals accessing AFL Online;
- the IP address of your computer; and
- the path taken through our website.
The AFL or AFL Clubs use website analytic services to help analyse how you use AFL Online (Website Analytics). Website Analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means including but not limited to cookies which are stored on users' computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of AFL Online. Our third party providers of these services may store this information. The AFL or AFL Clubs will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Website Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to AFL Online. The AFL or AFL Clubs will not associate any data gathered from AFL Online with any personally identifying information from any source as part of the AFL's or AFL Clubs' use of Website Analytics.
AFL Online may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
If you are under 18, you should only use AFL Online with involvement of a parent or guardian. For their protection, we ask that anyone under 18 years of age does not attempt to register with AFL Online or otherwise provide us with any personal information without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
10 Information Security
The AFL and AFL Clubs will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within their direct control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The AFL and AFL Clubs will take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
11 Contacting Us Regarding Access, Correction and Privacy Complaints
An individual may:
- request access to and seek the correction of their personal information held by the AFL and/or AFL Clubs at any time;
- make a complaint in relation to an alleged breach of privacy; or
by contacting the AFL by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the relevant AFL Club’s Privacy Officer by email at the corresponding address below:
|Adelaide Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Brisbane Lions Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Essendon Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Carlton Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Collingwood Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Fremantle Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Geelong Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Gold Coast Suns Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Western Sydney Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Hawthorn Football Club Limitedfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Melbourne Football Clubemail@example.com|
|North Melbourne Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Port Adelaide Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Richmond Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|St Kilda Saints Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Sydney Swans Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|West Coast Eagles Football Clubemail@example.com|
|Western Bulldogs Football Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Alternatively, you may write to the AFL via AFL Privacy Officer, AFL House, 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, Victoria 3008 or telephone on 03 9643 1999.
You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information. The AFL may charge an administration fee where access is provided. The AFL may refuse to provide access if permitted to do so by law. The AFL aims to provide access to your personal information within 30 days of a valid request.
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and the AFL.
The AFL’s Privacy Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable period of time following completion of the investigation.
12 AFL Clubs
For the purpose of this policy, “AFL Clubs” means each of the following:
Adelaide Football Club Limited ACN 008 101 568;
Brisbane Bears – Fitzroy Football Club Limited t/a Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club ACN 054 263 473;
Essendon Football Club ACN 004 286 373;
Carlton Football Club Limited ACN 005 449 909;
Collingwood Football Club Limited ACN 006 211 196;
Fremantle Football Club Limited ACN 066 055 249;
Geelong Football Club Limited ACN 005 150 818;
GCFC Limited ACN 144 555 822;
Western Sydney Football Club Limited ACN 130 190 242;
Hawthorn Football Club Limited ACN 005 068 851;
Melbourne Football Club Limited ACN 005 686 902;
North Melbourne Football Club Limited ACN 006 468 962;
Port Adelaide Football Club Limited ACN 068 839 547;
Richmond Football Club Limited ACN 065 563 011;
St Kilda Saints Football Club Limited ACN 005 174 836;
Sydney Swans Limited ACN 063 349 708;
West Coast Eagles a division of Indian Pacific Ltd ACN 009 178 894; and
Footscray Football Club Limited t/a Western Bulldogs ACN 005 226 595.
Full Terms and Conditions of Entry:
1. The “Entry Details” and any other information provided on how to enter the Competition form part of these Conditions of Entry. Your entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. The promoter is the North Melbourne Football Club, 204 -206 Arden Street, North Melbourne, 3051, ABN 21 006 468 962 (“Promoter”).
3. The sponsor is Mazda Australia, 211A Wellington Rd, Mulgrave VIC 3170, ABN 78 004 690 804 (“Sponsor”).
4. By entering this Competition, you agree to hold harmless the Promoter and the Sponsor in respect of the general running and management of the Competition and any aspect of the Prize and the Promoter or the Sponsor will not be liable for any claim, loss or damage in this respect.
5. The Club Sponsor Competition (Mazda Takeover Spin to Win) commences at 12:00pm 12 June, 2020 and closes at 11:59pm 15 June, 2020 (Promotion Period). Neither the Promoter or the Sponsor take any responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries due to trade disruptions, human error, or for any other reason. Incomplete, illegible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid.
6. How to enter: During the Promotion Period, access an entry form to the Competition via nmfc.com.au. Complete the entry form with the required details as stated on the entry form and submit your form as directed (Entry).
7. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Promotion Period. If it is discovered by the Promoter that any person has used or attempted to use multiple names, identities, email addresses or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter the Competition more than once or to otherwise participate in or disrupt this Competition or to tamper with the software, they may be disqualified from the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to require proof of identity or eligibility in a form acceptable to the Promoter: (i) for the purposes of verifying an Entrant’s eligibility to participate in this Competition; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Competition; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Promoter deems necessary, in their sole discretion, for the purposes of administering this Competition in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Promoter in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the Entrant in the sole discretion of the Promoter.
By entering the Competition, each Entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Promoter, which are final with respect to all matters relating to the Competition.
8. Upon completion of the Competition, each entrant will be notified instantly if they are a potential Prize winner (as determined randomly). There will be one (1) winning entry in connection with and the Major Prize and fifty-five (55) winning entries in connection with the Minor Prizes. An Entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the Competition should so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility and compliance with the official rules have been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Winners will be notified by a follow-up e-mail or phone call using the contact information provided during registration within 2 working days.
9. There are fifty-six (56) prizes (each, a “Prize”) available to be won during the Promotion Period. Prizes will be awarded randomly and include;
1 x North Melbourne merchandise pack consisting of:
a) 1 x 150 Year North Melbourne Monopoly
b) 1 x NMFC Supporters Beanie
c) 1 x NMFC Zip Thru Hoodie
d) 1 x 20 second personalised video from a North Melbourne player as determined by the club.
a) 20 x Rhyce Shaw socks
b) 15 x Ben Brown Bleacher Creature
c) 20 x North Melbourne bubble toys
Total RRP value of the Prize is AUD $2,350
10. All prizes must be taken as offered, is not exchangeable or transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash. In the event that the Prize, or any part of it, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize values are the recommended retail value at the time of publication of these Conditions of Entry. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the Prize. Any incidental costs relating to the Prize are the responsibility of the Prize winners.
11. The Sponsor and the Promoter reserve the right to announce or publish the winner’s names for publicity purposes. The winners will be published on the Promoter’s website and details may also be published on the Sponsor’s and/or the Promoter’s social media accounts. The winner acknowledges and consents their name may be used for advertising or marketing purposes by the Sponsor and/or Promoter. The Sponsor and/or Promoter may send you future promotions of their goods or services. The winner’s personal information may be disclosed to State regulatory departments and published as required by the relevant legislation regulating trade promotions.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including proof of identity, age and residency). The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the Promoter’s opinion, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Sponsor or the Promoter. In the event that a winner is disqualified and has been awarded a Prize, that entrant may be required to return the Prize or reimburse the value of the Prize to the Sponsor.
13. The Prize shall be provided to the Prize winner by post within 14 working days after the end of the competition. Any loss or damage of the Prize in the delivery or collection of the Prize is not the responsibility of the Sponsor or the Promoter. In the event of loss or damage of the Prize in these circumstances, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, replace the Prize, or that part of the Prize which is damaged.
14. Neither the Promoter nor the Sponsor make any representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as the Prize. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter or the Sponsor, nor their employees and agents, are liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Sponsor or their employees or agents, in connection with the Competition or the supply, or the arrangement for the supply, of goods and services by any person to the Prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the Prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or the Sponsor or their employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the Prize supplied again.
15. The personal information collected as part of the entry is collected to enable identification of the winners and for marketing and promotional purposes. In addition to any required disclosures referred to in these Conditions of Entry, your personal information will be disclosed to the Promoter and its related bodies corporate for these purposes. The Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies for the purpose of facilitating the delivery of Prizes to winners. No other use of this information will be made without your consent. If you do not provide your personal information, the Promoter will not be able to enter you into the Competition. Information in relation to how the Promoter collects, store and uses your personal information can be found at http://www.nmfc.com.au/privacy. If you would like details of the personal information held by the Promoter about you, or if you would like such information corrected, you can write to the Promoter at the address stated above or at email@example.com.
16. If for any reason any aspect of the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to trade interruption or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter and/or the Sponsor, the Promoter and/or the Sponsor may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
17. You hold the Promoter and Sponsor harmless in every respect in connection with the Prize and in connection with the Competition.
18. This Competition is governed by the laws of Australia. All entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in Australia.
Browsers such as Safari on iOS require you to accept our cookies before entering. Click continue to accept cookies and enter the contest.