Okeechobee Music & Arts Festival: Summer of Service Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. A SPOTIFY ACCOUNT AND INTERNET ACCESS ARE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
1. SPONSOR: Soundslinger, LLC, 78 SW 7th St. Ste 500, Miami FL 33130
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Summer of Service contest (“Contest”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor (and their immediate household or family members) and of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, and/or public relations companies associated with this Contest, are not eligible to participate. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the email account associated with the winning entry.
By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final on all matters related to the Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest will begin at 1pm (EST) on Monday, June 4th 2018, and will end at 5pm (EST) on Saturday, September 15th, 2018 (“Contest Period”). After the Contest Period no further entries to the Contest will be permitted. All entries must be received by 5pm (EST) on Saturday, September 15th to be eligible. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Contest.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Contest. If you choose to participate in this Contest by mobile device means or to tweet, post or share photographs or comments through Twitter or Facebook using your mobile phone, standard data rates may apply. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. See your wireless service provider for pricing plan details and capabilities.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Entrant warrants and represents that each entry:
(c) has not been entered in previous contests or won previous awards;
(d) has not been published or distributed previously in any media; and
(e) shall not contain, include or involve any of the following:
Without limiting any other terms of these Official Rules, if an entry does not meet the criteria set forth herein, Sponsor may disqualify and discard the entry either immediately or at any time during the Contest. If an entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render entry null and void.
5. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: On or about Monday, September 17th, 2018, Sponsor will select the potential winners from among all eligible entries received. The potential winner will be chosen at random by the Tradable Bits software. The potential winner will be notified by email before September 19th, 2018. The potential winner must provide proof of residence and age within 48 hours of initial contact, and may also be required to return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release. If the winner cannot be contacted, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, or does not claim the prize and provide all requested documents within 14 days of notification, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner applying the criteria set forth above. The prize will be delivered by email to the verified prize winner.
6. PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive One (1) VIP Camping Passes and One (1) VIP car camping parking pass. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the prize is $1200. Prizes are awarded as is; with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute any prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winner will be issued an IRS form 1099 for the value as published in these Official Rules. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including flight, transportation, meals, souvenirs, etc. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Winner and guests must comply with all venue and festival rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. All prize details relating to the prize not specified herein are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition. Lost or stolen prizes will not be replaced. An unclaimed and/or unused prize element will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter, Facebook, Spotify and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and partners and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or any Contest related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize, including any travel/activity related thereto; and (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph/video, prize information, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries, tweets, comments; incorrect, changed or non-functioning Facebook or Twitter accounts; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or tweets, and/or updates, the announcement of the prize and winner, or in any other Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries/tweets/ will be void.
Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same Spotify account, the authorized subscriber of the Spotify account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned to the applicable account by Twitter. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or amend the Contest and these Official Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Sponsor’s control. If the 2018 Okeechobee lineup is leaked during the Contest Period, or if Sponsor has reason to believe that the lineup has leaked, Sponsor may terminate the Contest and not award the prizes and Sponsor will announce the termination on the Contest website. Entrants will be notified of any changes to the Contest as soon as possible by Sponsor. Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Official Rules, and such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to the www.okeechobeefest.com website.
8. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the state of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
10. WINNER’S NAME: The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: Info@okeechobeefest.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Okeechobee Predict the Lineup Contest Winners, c/o Soundslinger, LLC, 78 SW 7th St. Ste 500, Miami FL 33130 (Residents of Vermont need not include return postage). All requests for winner’s list must be received by June 1, 2018. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify or any other social network.
11. NOTICE TO INDIVIDUALS: REMOVAL FROM MAILING LIST: Any individual (or other duly authorized person) may elect to exclude the name and address of that individual from all lists used by Sponsor to mail skill contests or sweepstakes. To elect to have an individual’s name excluded from all such lists, submit a removal request in writing to: Okeechobee Predict the Lineup Contest c/o Soundslinger, LLC, 78 SW 7th St. Ste 500, Miami FL 33130. This notification system may be used to prohibit mailing of all skill contests or sweepstakes by Sponsor to such individual.
Just like Santa - our campaigns can't work without cookies! A cookie is a simple piece of code that allows us to verify whether or not you're a real person trying to enter this contest. It's very simple to enable cookies, and you're welcome to turn them back off again once you're finished entering.